In Blog

If you have a family law matter that is in litigation, then it may be possible for you to seek child support or spousal support while the case is pending (“pendente lite”).    It is important for you to evaluate this option with your attorney so you can decide if and when to file a motion asking for this relief.  Hearings in the Richmond metropolitan area courts can take several weeks to get scheduled, and can take even longer if there is counsel on the other side.  You, therefore, also want to talk to your attorney about how to meet expenses prior to any hearing on your request for temporary support.

Contact Us

Information submitted via email is not private, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Start typing and press Enter to search